Friday, October 14, 2011

Who is Ash and what does she know about life?

My husband and I, first anniversary 10/2/11
Hello! I am a 25 years old and currently enrolled in a graduate counseling program with the goal of becoming a licensed marriage and family therapist specializing in eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, and overeating). I want to combine my passion for nutrition and fitness with my passion for helping people and I am so excited to see where this takes me. I have been through the journey of recovering from an eating disorder and I am now on a new journey of discovering how to eat my way into a healthier body, mind and soul. I love trying out recipes from some of my favorite bloggers (anything vegan, low carb or low cal). I am not a vegan, I eat chicken and dairy products, but I love to make my meals as healthy as I can. I recently found out that I have low blood glucose levels which can cause diabetes later in life, this means I have a new interest in a low carb diet that will help me regulate my blood sugar levels. Although I love me some bread, I am learning new ways of eating and it's fun figuring out how to navigate this new territory. The one thing that truly breaks my heart is having to cut down so much on fruit...especially the ever-so-delicious banana. *sigh* I love to exercise and try to switch it up as much as possible, this means in a given week I will do a variation of running, zumba, cardio kickboxing, barre, yoga etc. If I can't make it to a class or to the gym, I stay in my living room and kick it with Tony Horton for a bit (P90X). My husband and I started doing the videos a little less than a year ago and it has been so much fun. We recently acquired the Insanity videos as well...it's a love-hate. We have been married for a year this October (2011) and it has been such a wonderful, growing experience. He is truly an amazing man and I am so, so blessed to have him. So this is my life as I know it. I am trying to make it through graduate school, which is so amazing but very challenging, without sacrificing my other passions. It is quite the balancing act, but so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment